There are several excellent cycling companies serving the Nelson Tasman region. Services range from cycle hire for adults and children, single and multi day tours, guided tours, repairs, itinerary planning, bicycle and luggage drop off and pick up – eg at select points on a planned itinerary , at the airport or neighboring towns or, better yet!! the wineries 🙂
Note, you may wish to bring your own bicycle(s) and arrive by air (or bus, or by bike but you are just too pooped to make it in to Mapua!!) . Almost all of these cycle tour companies will arrange pickup and drop off for you in the region – and if they can’t, we will!
One useful way to start comparing cycling options is to visit the Great Taste Trail / Heart of Biking website and read the short description associated with each service provider. Once your interest is piqued check out the cycling company’s website. (But explore the Heart of Biking website – it contains a gold mine of information about holidays in the Nelson Tasman region, some of which involve cycling, but most of which involve good coffee, great food, wineries, breweries, relaxed accommodation, other outdoor sports, and creative arts in the Nelson Tasman region) . To get you started we have a listing of Great Taste Trail partners who, like ourselves, provide regular financial support for the Great Taste Trail .
Information about :
- Wheelie fantastic – a Mapua based provider, can be found on the Great Taste Trail website here, and on Wheelie Fantastic’s web site .
- Trail Journeys – a Mapua based provider, can be found on the Great Taste Trail website here, and on Trail Journey’s web site .
- The Gentle Cycling Company – a Nelson based provider, can be found on the Great Taste Trail website here, and on the Gentle Cycling Company’s web site.
- Nelson Cycle Hire – a Nelson based provider, can be found on the Great Taste Trail website here, and on Nelson Cycle Hire’s web site.
- Biking Nelson – a Nelson based provider, can be found on the Great Taste Trail website here, and on Biking Nelson’s web site.
There will be other cycle hire or tour suppliers in the region as well, so check around.