We want you to enjoy your stay at Mapua41South, and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
There are a few terms and conditions we need to point out however. Please read them, as they are part of our agreement with anyone who rents our property.
- Check-in: Is available from 3 pm on the day of arrival. Check-out is 10 am on the day of departure. Early check-in and /or late check-out is only possible by mutually acceptable, prior arrangement with us. This may incur an extra charge, but we’ll definitely try to accommodate you if we can.
- Paying Accounts: Seasonal rates and minimum booking periods both apply, as advised on our website and during booking. All Accounts are payable in full at time of booking. We reserve the right to also charge overdue or recovery fees in full.
- Cancellations and Refunds : If you need to cancel your booking please contact us as soon as possible. Cancellations up to 30 days before the arrival date will incur no cancellation fee and your payment will be refunded minus any costs incurred.
Off-peak Season: If a cancellation is made within 30 days of your arrival day, it will incur a loss of 50% of the total booking price. If a cancellation is made within 7 days of arrival day it will incur a loss of 100% of the total booking price.
Peak Season: If a cancellation is made within 30 days of arrival day, it will incur a loss of 100% of the total booking price.
However, if you re-book with us within the same calendar year at the time of cancellation, we may be able to apply your payments to those dates. If we are able to re-book some or all of your cancelled days with someone else, we will refund a proportionate amount of your payment less any costs incurred.
- Credit Card guarantees: All booking reservations require authorisation of a credit card for the amount of the booking, even if you choose to pay by another method, e.g. direct debit or cash. Please note, we have a fully compliant payment gateway in place for your security and for ours.
- Changes in reservation term: Any request to change a booked reservation term will be treated as a new booking and additional charges may apply. An extension to a booking is subject to availability. An earlier departure than the reserved date will not normally result in a refund – see Cancellation and Refund policy above.
- Damages and loss of income. Mapua41South is our home. We’d like you to take good care of it. Ordinary wear and tear is fine, but if for any reason your accommodation cannot be let once you leave due to damage, theft, odorous smells from cooking or smoking, etc. your credit card may be charged the full cost of cleaning, repair and/or loss of income.
- Smoke Free: Mapua41South is smoke free – including the outside patios and wooden decks. Please observe this restriction. We reserve the right to charge you any costs and any resulting loss of income resulting from violations of our smoke-free policy by either you or your visitors.
- Visitors: You are welcome to invite your friends/family/acquaintances to visit during your stay at Mapua41South, during the day and evenings. Please consider us and your neighbours by not playing loud music or hosting parties (Mapua has plenty of other venues for that). You must not permit more people to occupy the unit overnight than the number stipulated in the booking confirmation or as specified on this or any other promotional website. You will need our permission to have any extra, un-booked people staying overnight, and there may be an additional charge for this if not arranged at the time of booking. You, as the registered guest, are responsible for the behavior of all persons/visitors whilst on the property. All deliberate or reckless acts that result in damage to our property and any costs associated with inappropriate behavior resulting in loss of income to Mapua41South, will be charged to you as the registered guest.
- Children & Teens: We provide a family friendly environment and accommodation but:
- We cannot accept guests with infants or children under school age. Our policy on infants and very young children may change in the future, but at this stage we are not equipped to provide safe sleeping arrangements for them.
- Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a guest over the age of 25.
- Children under 14 cannot be in a house unsupervised according to NZ law, see Child and Family Guidance advice on how to interpret this law. As the Orange and Blue units do not have a connecting door and are separated by a breezeway, children under 14 cannot be left to sleep in either of our units unless someone over the age of 14 is present in that unit. Please do keep this in mind when booking with us.
- Mapua41South is committed to the privacy of the personal information you provide when you make an inquiry or a booking.
- We provide the same level of security and privacy for contact information through electronic means as we do for information provided by physical mail or telephone. We will normally retain a record of the correspondences between us together with your addresses and contact information, but we will never willingly disclose that information to any third party, nor do we share, sell, lend or lease any of that information.
- We promise to send you only information that relates to our commercial relationship with you, as a holiday stay accommodation provider, and that communicates to you the services we offer. If you decide to sign up for our occasional newsletters we will always provide an easy and simple method for you to unsubscribe. Naturally we hope you enjoy your stay and will want to come back again to stay with us, so we will retain your contact and booking information to facilitate your repeat business with us, and to offer you returning customer discounts. If at any time you no longer wish to receive information from us, just let us know and we will stop communications as soon as technically possible.
- When you enter credit card and other sensitive information on our website the process is governed completely by generally accepted industry standards for commerce security. We use New Zealand’s premier gateway service Paystation, http://paystation.co.nz/cms_display.php to process your payment information – through a New Zealand based booking system for boutique accommodation providers, Welman technologies http://www.welman.co.nz. Your credit card and other payment details we will be processed by the payment gateway and relevant banks. We do not permanently store that information. Similarly if you pay by direct debit into our ANZ bank account we do not store or record your banking details other than what appears on our standard bank statement. We certainly will never willingly disclose that information to a third party.
- Please note the following qualification: we may disclose information when legally compelled to do so or for the protection of our legal right – e.g. to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms of service or to protect the safety of our guests and the public. We operate under the laws of New Zealand, including laws relating to data security, unauthorized access, and accuracy of any information we have about our customers.